10/09/2015 01:34:00 pm

Vellichor [Word of the Day]

via
Vellichor:
n. the strange wistfulness of used bookstores, which are somehow infused with the passage of time—filled with thousands of old books you’ll never have time to read, each of which is itself locked in its own era, bound and dated and papered over like an old room the author abandoned years ago, a hidden annex littered with thoughts left just as they were on the day they were captured.

Source

Yet another word from the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows that needs to be added to the Oxford, Collins and Webster Dictionaries- not because of the word itself, but rather, the meaning behind the word, the feeling which we so frequently experience.

3 comments :

  1. This sounds like such a deep feeling I wish I could experience. I'd imagine that's how you'd feel if you walked into the Library of Alexandria, you know, if it still existed.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could still experience it... just walk into a vintage bookstore, or a library that has been around for decades.

      Delete
  2. This is such a real thing! I always get this feeling whenever I'm in a used bookstore, or any type of book store.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! If you have anything to add onto the post, or just to say hi, here's a smiley face for you :)

I love comments, I do read and reply to every single one, so do tick the 'notify me' box so you can read my replies.