10/29/2015 10:12:00 am

Blogging just for the sake of it.. DON'T

Dear bloggers out there,

Especially the newer ones. You might get a bit confused with the title. 'Don't blog for the sake of it...?'



Let me give you an example. This post was supposed to be up yesterday, according to my Blogtober, or blog every day in october challenge. I didn't feel like writing about the books I read, because face it, there's only 2 and I'm not good with book reviews, and I had a mock paper to sit for and a lot of practice questions to work on. So I only posted quotes, and didn't count that as my blogtober post. If I wrote about What I Read in october and published that with the october tag, it wouldn't be fair to either my readers or myself, because firstly, I wouldn't have put much effort into writing, and second, my readers would get bored to death. I refuse to count the quotes as a post.

You get what I mean now? Don't just blog because you have to. Don't type up something you have no interest in yourself, doing just for the sake of it. For the sake of what, then? To appear on your followers reading list feed? So that your blog will look like it's recently updated?

Yes, I know I told you guys in my 5 Tips I Would Give to a New Blogger post to be consistent, to keep updating. It's simple. As long as you put some effort into the post, you won't be blogging just for the sake of it. Trust me, the readers can tell whether you just absentmindedly put a few words together, or spent hours thinking about it, while doing homework, while eating... you get what I mean.

So, don't blog just for the sake of it.

On a side note, I reached 4k views yesterday.

5 comments :

  1. Occasionally I will feel like my blog severely needs updating, so then I will write a halfhearted post on something I believe in but don't really feel in the mood to write about. That's the kind of blogging I hate, because I feel like it's such a chore, and blogging shouldn't feel like that. So yeah, blogging for the sake of it is what ruins blogging.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Blog when you want to, not when you have to.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with this post!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! If you have anything to add onto the post, or just to say hi, here's a smiley face for you :)

I love comments, I do read and reply to every single one, so do tick the 'notify me' box so you can read my replies.