8/04/2015 02:41:00 pm

Food: Sticky-rice seaweed wrap

I don't think I'll be a good chef, because when I cook, the ingredients I put are just roughly, estimated, agar agar. I just assume it's how much I need and judge the taste, hence there's not much measurements for the ingredients below. 

Ingredients:
Rice (3 handfuls?)
Eggs (2/3)
Carrot, 1/4, diced
Green peppers, 1/2, diced
Light soy sauce
Sesame oil
Sambal balachan with dried shrimp (1 teaspoon, add more according to taste and choice) 
Water 
Cooking oil
Seaweed

Cook the rice with water until it's cooked (duh). I filled the pot with water and rice and cooked it that way, instead of the steaming method, because then it would be sticker for later.
In a bowl, crack two eggs and mix them with a bit (less than a teaspoon) of water.
In a pan, cook the eggs and scramble them.
Add the rice.
Add light soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal balachan (and any other spices/seasoning) to taste.
Stir-fry for some more.
Add the chopped vegetables.
Stir for around a minute, then switch off the heat.


I left it for around 20-30 minutes for it to cool down, before wrapping the rice with seaweed (like sushi). 

Sorry for my poor wrapping skills, I actually can wrap them properly but didn't really bother for this one because it's gonna end up smushed and messy in my stomach anyway...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello! If you have anything to add onto the post, or just to say hi, here's a smiley face for you :)

I love comments, I do read and reply to every single one, so do tick the 'notify me' box so you can read my replies.